Should I let an adoption hold expire while my landlord's pet approval is pending?
HousingThe shelter can hold the dog until tomorrow afternoon. The letting agent told me, "Pets are usually fine here," but the property manager still hasn't answered my request about this particular dog.
My agreement says animals need individual approval. I sent the manager the information I have: the dog's size, the shelter's description and my proposed care arrangements. The agent says I am overthinking it because another tenant has a dog. I don't know what permission that tenant received.
My partner wants us to go ahead and resolve the paperwork afterwards. I want the adoption too, but I can't promise the dog a stable home on the basis of "usually." We can ask the shelter for more time; I don't know whether they can offer it, and losing the hold would be upsetting.
Is waiting for the actual approval the reasonable choice here? It feels strange to let a promising adoption go because an email is late, yet bringing the dog home would make the unanswered question much harder to deal with.